Barock the Vote
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Barock the Vote

Barock Vote is a message board established to support the 2008 campaign of Illinois Senator Barack Obama, and to discuss politics in general. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents are all welcome and encouraged to join our site!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North American Union

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Real God

The Real God

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-15

North American Union Empty
PostSubject: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:48 am

http://www.cfr.org/content/publications/attachments/NorthAmerica_TF_final.pdf

Please read this. I would like to hear some opinions. I'm seeing not only globalism, but it seems like they believe corporations should have more power or perhaps take on some government-like authority.
Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 pm

I read it. Some pretty dry stuff. But I get what your saying. You are seeing globalism at its finest. At the core of globalism is the idea that corporations take on government-like powers through "reforming" trade regulations like tarrifs, border security, & transportation rules, communication regulations, environmental laws, etc. Reform in the context of globalism or free trade is always code word for de-regulation to expedite the process of manufacturing & trade. Globalization, very loosely means the integration of national economies into an international economy through trade, investment, migration etc. The most efficient least bloody way to do this would be to "harmonize" or de-regulate national economic policies to conform to one superior economic policy created & defined by such groups as this Task Force, which are think tanks, or quasi-think tanks that have a heavily vested interest in deregulating national economies due to invested capital in various global corporations that obviously benefit hugely from globalism. Ironically, the idea is not to create a "free" trade system but to create a highly centralized system that would oversee something like a North American Community. It would most likely be operated & controlled by a board of members who are huge investors, owners or board members of the largest & most profitable multinational corporations in the world. The idea is really to reduce or even eliminate competition. The board of the North American Community would most likely contain representatives of each market. For instance one member would be from a telecommunications giant, another maybe from one of the big three US automakers & another from Lockheed Martin representing the MID. etc. thereby locking out any competition from small or medium businesses. It would be literally impossible for multinational corporations to do it any other way. National laws & policies conflict, contradict & differ from each other in so many ways that make it impossible. De-regulation of environmental policies, trade regulations etc would wipe the slate clean of each nation whereby the North American Community would then be able to re-create free trade policies. They would then be the primary group to administer, monitor, regulate & amend the laws much like the 3 branches of our government are supposed to do. Globalism, in my opinion, is just an extension of or a more "humane" version of colonialism or what some like to call neo-imperialism. More on that later. Got to go.
Back to top Go down
bp12

bp12

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:57 pm

I saw some interesting videos about this topic on youtube. I don't know too much about it but I wrote a paper on NAFTA when I was in college. This seems to be an extension of NAFTA. It was for my international econ class. I was somewhat critical of NAFTA, so the professor gave me a low grade. She was a moron. She was a retired CFO of Pfizer.

This group seems to be implicitly suggesting that the North American Community be given power similar to councilmen of a small town - America's board of trustees. American government is already full of appointed (not elected) officials we call bureaucrats who make major policy decisions everyday.

In my research I discovered how the Clinton Administration used misleading language to give NAFTA a more positive tone & to even conceal the inherent risks of the type of free trade that would come under NAFTA. They used words or phrases like reform, liberal, free, open, empower, free up, open up, transcend, opportunity, equality, distribution, and efficient. What the Clinton Administration avoided to mention was the fact that these predicted positive outcomes of NAFTA would only pertain to America's largest multinationals & the top 1% US breadwinners.
The policies of NAFTA we're primarily drafted by the Canadian Prime Minister Mulroney, President Bush I, & Mexican Pres Gortari. But the people behind the scenes who advised Pres Bush & lobbied for its passage in Congress during the Clinton years were people you probably never heard of like Lawrence Bossidy, CEO of Allied Signal, a company that makes auto parts & weapons. Companies like Xerox, Zenith, Alcoa, and GE advised the drafting & amending of NAFTA & lobbied hard to ensure its passage. To this day NAFTA has what they call Roster Members, mostly made up of international trade lawyers, conservative economics professors etc.
Back to top Go down
The Real God

The Real God

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:22 pm

The EU was started with a trade agreement. I see a lot of the same language in this document that BP12 mentioned about NAFTA. Does it bother anyone that Obama belongs to this organisation?
Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:40 am

Nah. I really don't care. I'm just hoping someone in the Obama campaign notices all my hard work organizing events & fundraising & gives me some type of position in his administration. I have to look after #1 baby!
Back to top Go down
bp12

bp12

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Yeah. It bothers me. That's why I'm not voting for the scumbag. There's no fundamental difference between Clinton, McCain or Obama.
Back to top Go down
The Real God

The Real God

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Word up, BP12!
Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:14 pm

I agree. Paul gets closer than all other candidates to America's fundamental problem & he is definetly the only candidate that's about authentic change but do you guys really believe that we could vote our way to bringing about change?
Back to top Go down
The Real God

The Real God

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 3:19 pm

I definitely don't think Ron Paul would go into office and fix everything that's wrong with our country and restore the old republic. The president doesn't even have the power to effect the kind of change we need. However, Ron Paul is willing to tell the truth where no other candidate is willing to. He at least acknowledges that we have serious problems and looks for causes instead of applying band-aids to nuclear bomb wounds.
Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:10 pm

So have thousands of other people in this country. How many good books are out there about the stuff Paul talks about. One of the main reasons he is so popular is that the majority of Americans don't fuckin read but the can handle 45 second soudbites & ten minute You tube videos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North American Union   North American Union Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North American Union
Page 1 of 1