Barock the Vote
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Barock the Vote

Barock Vote is a message board established to support the 2008 campaign of Illinois Senator Barack Obama, and to discuss politics in general. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents are all welcome and encouraged to join our site!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
unclekarl

unclekarl

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Obama is really a moderate indistinguishable from Clinton or McCain. He wants to keep troops in Iraq for "just in case" reasons. He just says that he wants to end the war. He isn't for genuine universal health care like Canada & France has. He just calls it universal. He says he is for change. Change what? The only thing he has changed is the way the Democratic Party could win elections. In effect he has changed the way the Dem Party lies to win votes. Wake the fuck up people! The Democratic controlled Senate approved Bush's Protect America Act which allows warrantless monitoring of telecommunications of U.S. citizens. Obama voted "not present". Now why would he do that? HMMM? Because he wants to unite the conservative war mongering Bush Republicans, Democrats & Independents to bring the country together for peace & harmony? NO! He did it to gain votes! It was a political & campaign strategy. He is seeking to gain the votes of Independents, conservatives, & values voters who still fear that terrorists lurk around every corner ready to attack Anytown, USA. The only voters he risked losing by rolling over & playing dead by voting "not present" are the real liberals who support real liberal politicians like Bernie Sanders, Ralph Nader & Dennis Kucinich. But the risk is not great. Authentic liberals don't support Obama. They know he is a fake. HE IS A FAKE LIBERAL & FALSE AGENT OF CHANGE!
Back to top Go down
Freddie

Freddie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Take it Easy   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:16 pm

Don't you think your being a bit harsh. Your perception of Obama is a bit off anyway. He does want to unite people across all party lines. He does want to end partisanship. That is why his campaign has been very effective & popular. He stands for politics of hope & unity not divisive politics & attacks. People are tired of the partisanship. People are tired of the media making politics out to be war games & a full contact sport. MSNBC calls it the fight for the White House. CNN calls it Ballot Bowl. Fox... who the hell cares what they call it? I don't think he has ever claimed to be an extreme leftist. If he was he would not attract Independents moderate Republicans & 1st-time-voters. He wouldn't have such a huge following. Most people in the US are moderates who yearn for balance, comfort, security & peace of mind. Extreme leftists like Sanders & Nader don't offer these things. They shake things up, make waves & rattle sabers. That's why Kucinich & Ron Paul would never be elected President.
Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:37 pm

I agree that a majority of Americans are moderates. But look what the hell that got us. Remember Bush's rhetoric when he ran for office in 2000. Look it up on Youtube. He spoke as if he was a moderate Repbulican. He spoke about equality, protecting the middle class, reforming public education, fighting to make health care more affordable, cutting spending etc. Gore was slightly to the left of Bush & an intellectual might I add. Bush turned out to be a war mongering, dishonest, arrogant, antigay, prolife, divisive, deficit spending & uneducated madman who increased corporate welfare & grossly violated our Constitution by taking us to war under false pretenses, voted in favor of CAFTA w/o our approval, conducting torture on war criminals, conducting illegal & warantless spying on US citizens, outed CIA agents, fired US attorneys for political reasons, gave federal funding to mental health organizations that were faith based... need I go on? Voting down the middle & and being a moderate is the safe way out. If your in the middle you have little risk of falling off the edges. Being a moderate really means that you go which ever way the wind blows. As a moderate you stand for nothing other than what seems safe at the moment & what your peers agree with out of fear of being seen as an outsider or partisan. Being a moderate or sitting in the middle really means you sit on the fence & you fall in either direction depending on which way the wind of the masses blows. Rather than standing for real US convictions & the ideals of the Constitution risking persecution & criticism moderates believe in only what is safe & what is safe is determined by various party leaders & the uniformed masses that form judgments & opinions based on emotions like fear. It is because of moderates that the country has become progressively worse in all aspects. History proves that radical movements win the day. Radical movements by authentic liberals & progressives gave independence to our country in the 18th century, freed the slaves in the 19th, pulled the country from the depression in the 20th, created the Civil Rights Movement, Equal Rights Movement, helped end the war in Vietnam in the 20th century, & created Civil Unions in several states for gay people over the past few years.
Back to top Go down
bp12

bp12

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:42 am

I'd have to agree that moderates always lose. Even though both parties concentrate heavily on courting the Independents & Independents have the power to swing elections by virtue of their numbers once they cast their votes & elect the candidate they mean nothing to the elected candidate until the next election cycle rolls around. It seems however that only the extreme right of the Republican party has been making an impact on their party & the politcs of the country in general. The extreme left has been virtually absent in the last 30yrs. There are only a handful of authentic liberals in Congress. The last 2 Democratic Presidents, Carter & Clinton, weren't authentic liberals. They were moderates. Carter was one of the worst U.S. Presidents & Clinton was ineffective. And now under the control of the Republican right wing & the moderate Dems the country is in the worst shape it has been in many, many years!
Back to top Go down
Freddie

Freddie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:58 am

I never claimed that Obama was an authentic liberal but I'd argue that he's the best hope we have for fixing some of the country's problems & ending the political dominance of the right wing & the fucking values voters. People like Sander, Kucinich, or Nader would never be elected as President except in another depression. Maybe that's what we need to wake people up, another depression.
Back to top Go down
The Real God

The Real God

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:20 pm

This whole discussion is completely irrelevent. ALL of the candidates who get major media attention are members of the Council on Foreign Relations. Your candidates are chosen for you by corporate members of the Council on Foreign Relations like NBC and Newscorp. It doesn't matter which one of these phonies gets elected. They all have the same agenda. We get to argue about who's liberal and who's conservative and what they're going to or not going to do, when they're all working together for a common cause. We're fucked. The candidate you believe in is lying to you! The American dream is just that: a dream. WAKE UP!
Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

PostSubject: CFR & the Pentagon   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:17 pm

Yeah I agree but I'd like to get a little more specific & look at how & why things like that happen. Or have you taken on Rummy's real personality & style of rhetoric whereby you're just going to yell at us & act like we're all stupid & you have all the answers. Anyway if I have your permission Mr Rumsfeld, I'd like to reference some other things about Obama. Another topic closely related to the CFR is the Pentagon & the military industrial complex. Just as the CFR sucessfully privatizes our gov't so does its partner in crime, the pentagon, as it funnels billions of dollars to private contractors - and i'm not just talking about the contractors we hear of in Iraq - collectively known as the military industrial complex. Next year's proposed military budget is $700 billion, the largest since WWII. The U.S. spends more on its military than all other nations combined. And this isn't solely the result of the phantom war on terror. Your sucessor, Defense Secretary Robert Gates & Joints Chief Admiral Mike Mullen have been lobbying for greater spending after a withdrawal. One of their proponents The Brooking Institute are fighting to at least sustain the pace of spending after withdrawal. Most of the spending doesn't have anything to do with the war on terror. Most of the military budget's money is spent on satellite design for missle defense, building F-22 Stealth Bombers & the building of a secret Army's Future Combat System. According to Gordon Adam's of American University the absence of budget discipline has allowed the cost of developing new weapons & sustaining current ones to soar. The cost of an F-22 has soared 190% since it inception nearly 30yrs ago. And 2 of them just crashed the other day. The cost of 1 satelite design has increased more than 300 percent over the past 50yrs. OBAMA HAS BEEN COMPLETELY SILENT ON THIS MATTER. In fact he wants to increase the number of active duty troops by 90,000. And only lately has he openly linked in his speeches the cost of the Iraq war & our need for universal healthcare. Obama also claimes that he is far more aggresive than Hillary on combating climate change yet he has failed to openly link the Iraq war to the dangerous & unhealthy condition of our environment. And remember he is also a member of the Democratically controlled Senate, albeit a slim majority, that failed to make good on their promises made during their campaigning in 2006. They failed to end the war, the number of troops have increased, they failed to cut off funds for the war, dismissed every call for impeachment investigations of Bush, failed to restore habeus corpus rights to noncitizen detainees, failed to eliminate military tribunals & close Gitmo, they voted for Bush's illegal spying, remained ineffective against Bush's torture policies, failed to end earmark spending, & on & on & on. Obama will never be able to implement his domestic policies for many reasons but the most obvious will be the swollen military budget. Any candidate that proposes to drastically reduce the Pentagon's budget would be accused of aiding terrorists. That's why Obama & his Democratic Senate didn't even attempt to challenge Bush on any of the above mentioned issues. Obama is a centrist at best. All he cares about is getting elected & he can't do it by being honest with the American people & pointing to the real causes of our problems. Those who do don't even show up on the radar screen i.e. Kucinich, Paul, Gravel etc. The fucking radar screen is owned & operated by the Pentagon.
Back to top Go down
The Real God

The Real God

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:26 am

Gravel, Paul and Kucinich are not CFR members. The media who picks our candidates for us is. I like this. Now we're starting to scratch the surface. I think we need to unpack it a little more though, if I may quote a certain Tommy J. The pentagon is not the top of the pyramid. The people who run the pentagon are cfr members. The cfr supercedes the pentagon. If we look at Marxypoo's dissertation that he was so kind to author for us, we see that the underlying motive seems to be money. It's the private bankers that we need to look to. The ones who own your home and vehicles. The ones who are the recipients of 100% of US income taxes. The ones who so kindly lend us the billions that our nice congress people blow for us on a regular basis. The ones who continually create our currency out of thin air, depleting all of its value. The ones who have you convinced that they are a component of our federal government. Mainly, I'm talking about the private central bank.
The more our government borrows, the more the banks make. Money can be spent at incredible rates on military goods and actions. It's probably the fastest way in the world to spend money. The cfr runs the fed.

Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:57 am

So do you believe that making & controlling$ is the main objective of the central bank?
Back to top Go down
unclekarl

unclekarl

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:02 am

Oh I should have cited my information on the Pentagon stuff. I got it from the March, 2008 issue of The Nation. If anyone wants to go beyond the bullshit you get from CNN, MSNBC & Youtube. The Nation is the place to go. It's the longest running magazine in America rooted in authentic American radicalism. It was started by a man named William Llyod Garrison. He originally called it The Liberator. It was a abolitionist magazine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit   Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone buy Obama's bullshit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barock the Vote :: 2008 Elections :: 2008 Presidential Election-
Jump to: